Monday, August 30, 2010

it comes really quickly..

The new beginning of another phase of my life comes really quickly. A month after I arrived at home, chosen to be the National Administrator for Jessup National Round 2011, right now I am writing this blog in Singapore, waiting to do my internship for a month in a lawfirm here.

Many things happened, some of it brings sadness, some of it brings joy. Nonetheless, with everything happened in between home and Singapore, I feel so blessed, that every thing that was happened to me, lead me to the way I am now.

People changed, and so am I. I would not go through points to points in which area I do change,  but I always wish that the changes will lead me to the better.

Going back home in such a short time and started to go abroad again, even though it is only 1.5 hours away from home, is quite making me missing home. I have never thought that a home can be that comfortable.

During my overseas study in Rotterdam, and right now I am doing my internship in Singapore, I realize that life goes really fast when we graduated from school (the undergraduate one). People keeps moving forward and chasing what they want in life. Some of my friends are getting married, others working as lawyers in prominent high profile lawfirms, and the rest taking masters overseas.

Characters, might be changed as well. The environment, the people we met, will give impacts on us. This has been proven that my environments in Rotterdam and Jakarta, and friends in Rotterdam and Jakarta gave impacts on me and changed me unconsciously.

However, one should always see within themselves whether the changes are good or not. I always and will always be a straightforward and bold person. That is one of my basic charactera that will not and can not be changed.

Good experiences in life, I realized as well that it will come with consequences. As for me, being away from home and friends in Jakarta, whom I always consider as my comfort zone, is hard. At least for now.  Living in somebody's else's house and getting to know someone new (which is great), at some point is a hard thing to do for me. I am a very private person, and at some point really unflexible with things and conditions, or people. However, experiences in school and in Rotterdam changed me and I started to try to get to know people and talk calmly, and adapt quickly with new environment around me.

However, what can beats a comfortable conversation with bestfriend in a coffee house and talking for hours with laugh and tears?

the closing line of this blog might be this:

"good experiences in life comes with good consequences as well.."

I am losing my best moment with my friends and family, and started to do and run everything by my own.

The good thing is, riding an MRT in Singapore reminds me with my days in Rotterdam.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment